Monday, February 25, 2008

T-shirt Stencils Using Freezer Paper

This post on the blog Dabbled introduced me to a new technique for making custom T-shirts at home using freezer paper. First, you draw/trace a design onto a piece of freezer paper and cut it out with an Xacto knife.
You then place your stencil on the t-shirt, shiny side down, and iron it on. Use a brush to apply a liberal coat of fabric paint (make sure you dab it into those corners!).

Once the paint is dry, you can peel off the stencil to reveal your masterpiece. With a onesy like this, your baby will endear himself to you even in the growliest of moods!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love your Clever Dad Blog!!!
Here is one of my favorite Clever Mom blogs: http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/

Keep enjoying the good life!

Dot said...

Heh! I love it! glad my post helped!

dot